The online travel portal allows the customer to find different destinations of their choice, location information, availability, price comparisons and hotel reservations, or if they are looking for any package, they can also find it using a variety of booking holiday packages. . The traveler can enjoy a quick and efficient search for the trips you need through online travel portals. Before the invention of the Internet, people visited travel agents and tour operators to book hotels, book cars or tours. But what I have seen, although online travel portals offer such options available to the end customer, still fails to attract the maximum number of target audience. What are the disadvantages of travel portals we will consider below.
1) Limited options: Travel agents who offer favorable rates may not have an online travel booking system where the customer can directly book their tickets and receive confirmation.
2) Real-time confirmation: the system of many tour operators allows the customer to book online, but does not offer real-time confirmation.
3) Hidden fees and security: Travel agents and tour operators often advertise low fares to attract a customer, but then charge hidden fees. Booking a trip online requires paying a certain amount to pay in advance, which will put the customer at risk through an unreliable website.
4) Paid advertising: Online booking rarely gives the customer to talk to anyone about the service. The customer may find reviews on the website of travel agents and suppliers, but you can never be sure if it is paid advertising or genuine.
5) Specific needs: The customer cannot confirm a specific requirement during an online booking through a hotel booking system.